When you mark a class as ‘Pre-Pay’, your customers will be required to pay a fixed dollar amount for the class when they register online. So you can collect payment for your workshops in Punchpass right at the time of booking!
You must be integrated with Stripe and accept online reservations to use this feature.
It is ideal for workshops, and other one-off events where you want to collect payment ahead of time so you don’t need to worry about it on the day of the event.
When you set up the workshop, you will tell Punchpass how much to collect for that workshop as a one-time charge. Punchpass will collect that at the time of booking. This saves you from creating a separate pass for that workshop & it's all pre-bundled for the customer.
Here’s how prepaid classes work:
First go to the class in Manage Account => Manage Classes and mark the class as Pre-Pay:
You’ll then be prompted for a price:
Then the booking form for the class will look like this for your customers - they’ll be prompted for their credit card details to sign up.
These reservations are then marked as ‘Pre-paid’ – no separate pass purchase is required.
Have a customer who wants to book in advance but pay separately? Sure – you can create a reservation for them within Punchpass and then take payment later (via credit card or any other method). That reservation will be marked as paid when you collect. This is great for customers who call to register and then pay you the next time they’re in the studio!
For unexpected drop-in customers who come to a prepaid class, the attendance process works just like any other casual drop-in. While you're taking attendance, just click "needs pass" to assign their pass.
Watch The Video Below To Learn More
NOTE FOR BIRCH PLAN: Everyone who makes a reservation through your public pages must prepay the fixed value you define when you enable prepay for a class. This feature is not for classes when multiple pass types are acceptable.
You can allow Punchpass to accept other passes during attendance -- the limitation is pre-registration through your public pages. Regardless of what pass a customer may have, anyone booking via your public pages will need to prepay the required amount.
Punchpass has other ways to help you collect payment at the time of booking for your open classes -- Here's more about that.
NOTE FOR BANYAN PLAN: If you accept additional pass types for a class that's set up as prepay, customers with a valid pass can log in and register for the class without paying. You'll want to keep in mind that customers will have to log in order for Punchpass to recognize that they have a valid pass. If they don't log in, they'll be prompted to pay just like anyone else.
If you keep customer logins as optional (not required), your drop-in customers can prepay without logging in, and your regulars can log in to book.
OTHER NOTES & TIPS:
- Customers who have prepaid cannot cancel or move the reservation on their own. They must contact you directly for changes or refunds.
- Want to encourage early-bird signups with a discount? When you enable prepay, set the price as the discounted price. When the regular price is due to kick in, just disable prepay & re-enable prepay with the new price. Easy!
- If you allow drop-ins, you might consider offering a discount for prepaid reservations -- paying in advance gives you a $2 discount, for example. Then you can sell a regular single-class pass to drop-ins without the discount (mark them as attending, then click "needs pass" to sell them a drop-in pass).
- If all of your classes are paid one-by-one (either prepaid or single class drop-in), then you won't need to have a separate pass list online.
- If you have a multi-day workshop, click here to learn more about setting up a Series in Punchpass.