You can offer gift certificates in Punchpass!
Want to sell gift cards online using Stripe? Keep in mind that if you sell them online, you'll need to reach out to the purchaser to determine who they'd like to give the gift certificate to.
Here's how we'd recommend selling gift cards online in Punchpass:
GETTING SET UP
You'll want to create a "Gift Pass" by going to Manage Account => Passes. Your pass setup might look something like this:
You can set up multiple gift cards if you're offering a few different price options.
The expiration date is something to think about. In the example above, we're setting the expiration date to be 1 year after the first time the recipient uses the pass. You can structure it however you want, but it's a good idea to grant the recipient some leeway so the pass doesn't expire before they can use it.
SELLING THE GIFT CERTIFICATE
Let's say that "Giver" wants to give "Recipient" a gift pass.
1) The Giver buys a pass online. The pass will be assigned to the Giver by Punchpass automatically (assuming they enter their own name/email address).
2) You should give the Giver a branded & personalized certificate that indicates the value of the gift certificate. This allows the Giver to have a nice card to present to the Recipient. You may want to include your business card (which indicates your web site) and/or a copy of your current schedule.
2) Go to the Recipient's customer profile. If the recipient is a new customer, you'll set them up as a new customer. It's best to have at least their first name, last name, and email address (collected from the Giver).
3) Transfer the Gift Pass from the Giver to the Recipient (The gift card must NOT have been used for attendance in order to transfer it).
Go to the Giver's profile & click on the Gift Card they purchased:
The pass has a little dropdown in the upper right. Choose Transfer Pass to begin the transfer process.
We'll simply ask you who to transfer the pass to. Choose the Recipient and click Transfer Pass. Done!
4) Now, when the Recipient arrives, you'll have their pass in your system & it will be ready to use. You can take attendance normally. The Recipient can make reservations normally too, if you accept them.
5) When the Recipient's pass runs out or expires, they will have to buy a pass. They'll get an automated notification when their pass is nearly up! :)