Your passes in Punchpass allow you to collect a one-time charge and give your customers access for a limited time frame and/or a certain number of visits.
NOTE: Unlike regular passes, memberships in Punchpass give you recurring revenue while your customers get ongoing access. Click here to learn more about memberships. Memberships available on certain Punchpass plans.
Here are some facts about Punchpass passes:
- A Punch Card has a limited number of spots on it (like 10 spots for $200, if you're charging $20/class). So, it's like they prepaid for 10 classes. Every time a person is marked as attending a class, one of the spots is used up -- after attending 1 class, there are 9 spots left on the pass (etc.).
- An Unlimited Pass allows an unlimited number of visits before the pass expires. So, you might charge someone $150/month to attend as many classes as they want for the next month. Your customer can theoretically get a better deal if they attend lots of classes. But you could potentially benefit from someone who attends sporadically over that time frame.
- When a customer is assigned a pass in Punchpass, a customized receipt can be generated and sent to the customer via email.
- When you take attendance, Punchpass finds the pass in your customer's profile and debits it. If a customer doesn't have a valid pass, you'll know!
- You can't change the number of credits that are deducted from a Punch Card when a person attends a class. But you can mark a person multiple times for attendance to debit more than one spot from a pass.
- An email reminder can be automatically sent from Punchpass if someone has 2 visits left OR there is 1 week until it expires. You can customize the wording too!
- You'll tell Punchpass which passes correspond with with each of your classes -- so you can be sure to collect the correct amounts for your different classes.
- Your passes can have pending start dates or future start dates if you choose.
- You can sort your passes however you prefer.
- You can sell your passes online with Punchpass/Stripe on certain Punchpass plans.
- You can always tell when someone does or doesn't have a pass in Punchpass.