Are you coming to Punchpass from MindBody? Welcome! We'd love to help you move your current customers into Punchpass simply and smoothly. There are 3 steps to make it happen.
Step 1: Pull your current customer data from MindBody & send it to us
We recommend importing your customers who have an in-progress pass. Here's how to pull the "Visits Remaining Report" from MindBody for us to upload:
1) Go to Reports, Client Reports, and Visits Remaining.
2) Change time time filters to have the beginning be back at least a year.
3) Adjust the filters to include everything - all products, locations, types, etc.
4) Leave as a detailed report. Click Generate
5) Export as xlsx
Then you can send that file to us & we'll upload it for you. You must have a Punchpass subscription prior to the upload.
Step 2: Review the imported data
Take a look at your Active Passes report & do a double check of the passes that were converted in. They will be named 'Converted' so you can easily see which passes were converted from MB. The original pass purchased will be added as a note in the pass so you can see that as well.
You may have a few updates to make if any customers attended class after you exported their data from MindBody.
Punchpass will have the name, email & phone number of everyone that was on your "visits remaining" export (if you stored it on MindBody). Punchpass will not have addresses or other data for these customers.
Step 3: Go LIVE with Punchpass
Now you've got current pass data for your customers in Punchpass, and you can start using Punchpass for daily attendance. Woo Hoo!
What about my customers who don't have current passes?
The conversion process outlined above won't include customers you've served in the past. We'd be glad to import additional customer data for you. Just export your email list from MindBody and pass it along as a spreadsheet. We'll get that uploaded for you.
We've found that many businesses have a lot of inactive customers cluttering their MindBody customer lists. Now is a good time to review and clean up your old data & transfer only those customers who have attended in the recent past.
While Punchpass can certainly handle thousands of customers, it makes things like taking attendance a bit slower if you have that many names in the list.
Don't worry too much about keeping data on customers you haven't seen in awhile. Every time a customer reserves a spot in class or buys a pass using Punchpass, that person is added to your customer list automatically if you don't have someone with that email already. So you'll find that your customer list grows really quickly as folks start to use the system. It's also super easy to add a new customer & sell them a pass while you're taking attendance.
We'd recommend that you keep all of those old names in your email marketing system (MailChimp, etc.). You can continue to stay in touch with all of your past, present & future customers that way.
What about my old sales & attendance records?
We recommend starting fresh with Punchpass -- just save your prior reports on sales/attendance. Pick a date to convert & "go live" with Punchpass so you know that everything before that date is on your old system.
What about renewing memberships that are ongoing with MindBody?
The MindBody memberships will need to be canceled. If you wish to use Punchpass/Stripe for renewing membership payments, you can choose one of these approaches to get them going:
1) Take care of it in-studio. Start new memberships for the affected customers in Punchpass using your admin login. You can adjust the initial renewal date to coincide with the first payment you'd like to collect via Stripe. Then you can collect your customers' credit card information (call them or talk to them next time they're in the studio) to keep them on track. You must collect their credit card information before the initial renewal date to avoid any interruption in the payment schedule. Here's more about how to manage memberships in Punchpass.
2) Ask your customers to renew their memberships online. Let your customers know what date their memberships are due to expire (based on their last payment date with MindBody). When that date arrives, ask them to click through your Punchpass online pass purchase page to start up their new membership via Stripe. Please note that the new membership renewal date will not coincide exactly with their old memberships -- it's based on when they re-enter their cards online. But the advantage is that you won't have to manage the credit card collection in-studio.
I can't find the Visits Remaining Report in MindBody...?
If you have a very basic MindBody plan, they may not give you access to the Visits Remaining Report. We'll work around that! Just export your email list from MindBody and pass it along as a spreadsheet. We'll get that uploaded for you.
Your existing pass data (such as number of visits left) is something that you'll add to each customer after your customers are in Punchpass. It's an easy process...and it only has to be done once! Here's how to do it.